22 February, 2008

Vinyl Collective is Awesome


I've been buying stuff from vinyl collective and Suburban Home for a few years now, and the shipping has always been cheap and the stuff gets here pretty quick. Ordering stuff online from overseas is a bit hit and miss, I've had things turn up only when I finally forgot they existed. Not to mention if I don't want to pay as much again for shipping I usually pick the cheapest option I can. Which usually involves it being tied to drift wood and kicked in the general direction of Australia, to arrive sometime this decade, if I'm lucky.

I've been waiting on a massive order for ages (2 months, I'm impatient, ok?), and was begining to get worried that maybe it had been sent and lost, or that it wouldnt be shipped for awhile and would get mixed up in my current moving house/change of address complications. I sent Virgil, the dude who runs vc, sh and a bunch of other stuff an email, expecting a reply in a few days or so. That's usually all I can hope for with most places, who also usually treat me like a nuisance if I ask questions (ebay, anyone?). Within maybe 15 minutes, I had a reply in my inbox explaing what was up, the package was shipped last week, and judging by when I usually get stuff, will be here next week or the week after.

I know it's hard right now for people working in the music industry, especially those running small labels. It's nice in the first place to feel like I'm supporting people who have an interest in helping the scene, and musicians getting their music out. But the fact the service is so awesome makes me really not bother with most other places these days. I really think Virgil cares about the people he is selling to, and the product he is selling, which is rare. He runs and awesome blog, and hosts a great forum on all things vinyl, and from the looks of things, works REALLY hard. So well done VC, A++++ Service, would pre order 50 colourways again :)

Go buy some hipster cred here.

No comments: