18 February, 2008

Interview With Joshua Smith Hydro74



I'm a big fan of Hydro 74's work and found this interview quite interesting. I'd always wondered where he had gotten such impressive clients, and his explaination/reasoning makes a lot of sense. I find it hard as a designer to have concrete goals, I know where I want to be but I'm not sure how to get there (I'm really interested in design in the music scene - posters, cds tees and other promotional material, as I think there are more creative opportunities there rather than with some other types of design. Perhaps the best solution is to just be more proactive! What's also exciting for me, is that he is 10 years older than me, and the idea that most designers with the right attitude and enough talent can get quite far at a young age. Anyway, chekc the interview out here.

No comments: